Hi Brad

I can speak as both an attendee and a speaker. In addition, as a member of CAAC, I benefit from hearing some of the material from IBM throughout the year.

1 of my sessions was full - the one on creating XLSX files. And the lab for it was almost full.

Open labs were well used, I was told, so people wanted to try out what they learned.

I went to a session on node.js and finally think I have an idea of what it could be used for.

I went to a session on the new samba support and, again, feel I have a better handle on it.

Then a surprise about XML shredding - something I'd missed completely when working with XML-INTO instead of trying to master the XML support in SQL a couple years ago.

So for me, the new technologies were there and something I can use. I think there was strong interest in the new stuff and living in a world of disparate operating systems.

Vern