From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 10:54 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: save while active v7r1 - *IBM and also SAV

According to document N1012637 it looks like save while active on stream files has three options: *NO, *YES, *SYNC. They all have one thing in common - they all skip anything that's locked with no waiting. The differences?
*NO: No synchronization. If you have an application that updates myorderheader.csv and myorderdetail.csv it will not try to save them at any particular simultaneous snapshot. If they are locked it won't save them at all.
*YES: Sync's "groups" at 2,000-10,000 objects per group. Hopefully those two files are in the same group. If any of them are locked it won't save that one.
*SYNC: Sync's all requested stream files as one snapshot. If any of them are locked it won't save that one.

In IBM i 7.2 IBM has gone whole hog with CHGATR OBJ(...) ATR(*ALWSAV) VALUE(*NO). Many 'log' type directories are now flagged with that and will not be saved. Even with a dedicated restricted state save.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755