On 09-Apr-2015 06:52 -0500, Jan Grove Vejlstrup wrote:

I want to change the owner of all spooled files that are placed in a
specific OUTQ. I know the attribute DTAQ of the OUTQ, but the
dataqueue here is only filled if the status of the spooled file is
RDY. I want to act on spooled files with status HLD too. I change the
owner with APIs.

<http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzalu/rzaludataq.htm>
_Data queue support_
"There are *two different types of data queue support* for spooled files.

• _Data queue support on output queues_

Support is available to optionally associate a data queue with an output queue using the Create Output Queue (CRTOUTQ) or Change Output Queue (CHGOUTQ) command. Entries are logged in the data queue when spooled files are in ready (RDY) status on the output queue.

• _Environment variable data queue support_

Using the Add Environment Variable (ADDENVVAR) or Change Environment Variable (CHGENVVAR) command, you can associate a data queue with a job or the system. As spooled files are created, the entries are logged in the data queue. Using the Receive Data Queue (QRCVDTAQ) API to receive information from the data queue, a user program can determine when a spooled file has been created by the job or by the system. Use the environment variable data queue support if you need to determine the identity of a spooled file that was stored under a QPRTJOB and was created by a job such as a remote command system job.

Using the CL command ADDENVVAR, and specifying a fully qualified data queue name for the environment variable QIBM_NOTIFY_CRTSPLF, you can associate a data queue with a job or the system.
The command use is as follows:

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_NOTIFY_CRTSPLF)
VALUE('*DTAQ <library name>/<data queue name>')
LEVEL(*JOB | *SYS)

The data queue must be created with a record length of at least 144 bytes. The data queue must also have a public authority of *USE, or you need to grant the QSPL user profile *USE private authority to the data queue. You must ensure that the containing library has a public authority of *EXECUTE, or you need to grant the QSPL user profile *EXECUTE private authority to the library. The format of the CRTDTAQ command is:

CRTDTAQ DTAQ (<library name>/<data queue name>) MAXLEN(144) AUT(*USE)

If you want the data queue information to have dates and time in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), you can use the same environment variable with a different value. Replace the *DTAQ with *DTA2 in the ADDENVVAR command above. This value causes a type 03 data queue entry to be placed in the data queue instead of a type 02 entry. The command format is as follows:

ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIBM_NOTIFY_CRTSPLF)
VALUE('*DTA2 <library name>/<data queue name>')
LEVEL(*JOB | *SYS)

The length of the type 03 data queue entry is 200 bytes. Use the following command format to create a type 03 data queue:

CRTDTAQ DTAQ (<library name>/<data queue name>) MAXLEN(200) AUT(*USE)

Once a data queue is associated with a job or the system, any spooled file created by the job or system will automatically have an entry placed in the data queue. For this action to occur, the user or user profile QSPL must have authorization to the data queue.
Note: An environment variable that is specified at the job level takes precedence over the same environment variable specified at the system level.
..."

I want to restrict the access to the spooled files in the OUTQ to
very few users. The original owners shall not be permitted to access
the spooled files or change their the attributes.

Any ideas?

OUTQ: Authority To Check (AUTCHK)
OUTQ: Operator Controlled (OPRCTL)

PRTF: Spool File Owner (SPLFOWN)