Hi,

I had an issue with sending SNMP traps recently. Normally IBM iseries
listens for SNMP Manager on port 161 and sends SNMP traps to SNMP Manager
on Port 162.

Check CHGSNMPA settings.
Since you said the SNMP manager IP and Community Name are matching, ensure
Log Traps is set to *YES.
This way when an SNMP trap is sent from the agent it gets logged in the
journal QSNMP in QUSRSYS.
Do a DSPJRN on the QSNMP journal using todays date and verify the number of
entries and last entry time.

Secondly, start a trace to SNMP manager IP using SNMP manager IP using
TRCCNN.

End and Start SNMP service using ENDTCPSVR *SNMP and STRTCPSVR *SNMP, this
send a cold SNMP trap.
Check if the SNMP manager recieves the cold trap.

Generate a fake SNMP trap if possible from the iseries SNMP agent.

Do a DSPJRN on QSNMP in QUSRSYS and verify if there are new entries ( there
may be one approximatly when the cold trap was sent and another when you
initiated a fake SNMP trap.

Turn off the Trace.
This generates Spool Files.
One of spool files will show you on which port SNMP traps are being sent.

Regards,
Vik.