From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Bipes
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2015 6:57 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Credit Card authorizations to TSYS having intermittent failures

Are the failures happening on one of the IP addresses? Is the connection a persistent connection and stays Open even when idle? Has your firewall changed at all? (Firewall can be tearing down NAT's on idle connections.)

If the RST is happening on just a few of your IP address, try a host entry with one of the other IP addresses that you are not seeing RST on.

Look at the firewall and see if other traffic is getting RST as that could indicate an ISP problem.

So many points of failure over the internet it makes it hard to pin down.

Trace other traffic on you iSeries to eliminate that. (Faulty switch or network card.)

Trace other traffic to the internet from your iSeries. (Can you generate that?)

If it is consistently 20 minutes, that sounds like a firewall NAT timeout. Any changes on your end?

--
Chris Bipes
Director of Information Services