Thanks Paul. I did look a the Move Policy help text but it too doesn't
mention *NONE.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 3:18 PM, Steinmetz, Paul <PSteinmetz@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Gord,

You are correct, a volume with *NONE will not be processed by MOVMEDBRM.

From Move Policy Help Text.

Move policies are the movement schedules that you assign to manage
where your media is stored (and its associated data), how long it
will stay in a location, which file group should reside at a
location and when it will return to an original or other location.
Move schedules can be applied to locations that are outside of a
primary location or can be used to manage movement within a single
location. An example of a simple move schedule is to move a volume
to a local vault for 10 days, then to an offsite vault for 20 days
and then return it to its original location, such as the computer
room.

Move policies are assigned as part of a media policy. This reflects
the close relationship between movement schedules and the expiration
of the media itself.

When you set up BRMS on your system, BRMS creates a default move
policy (OFFSITE). It assigns an onsite location, *HOME and an
offsite location, VAULT.

The Move Media using BRM (MOVMEDBRM) command is processed to perform
movement based on the move policies that have set up. The MOVMEDBRM
command should only be processed on one system if you are using the
network feature of BRMS.

Paul