Hi Gary

I used RTVQMQRY and RTVQMFORM to pull the *QRYDFN into source. Then I created the *QMQRY and *QMFORM - I got a summay-only result.

This was on a V5R3 box, so it should work for anyone.

You need to have created and then include the *QMFORM when running the *QMQRY.

I tried a simple *QRYDFN over QIWS/QCUSTCDT with the following relevant items:

Selected files
ID File Library Member Record Format
T01 QCUSTCDT QIWS *FIRST CUSREC
Report column formatting and summary functions
Summary functions: 1-Total, 2-Average, 3-Minimum, 4-Maximum, 5-Count Overrides
Field Summary Column Dec Null Dec Numeric
Name Functions Spacing Column Headings Len Pos Cap Len Pos Editing
CDTLMT 1 2 Credit 4 0 4 0
Limit
BALDUE 1 2 Balance 6 2 6 2
Due
CDTDUE 1 2 Credit 6 2 6 2
Due
Selected output attributes
Output type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Display
Form of output . . . . . . . . . . . . Summary only

The output from running this *QRYDFN was this:

Credit Balance Credit
Limit Due Due
FINAL TOTALS
TOTAL 44,097 5,896.75 135.50

The output from running the *QMQRY with the *QMFORM (STRQMQRY QMQRY(VHAMBERG1/TOTALSONLY) QMFORM(*QMQRY)) was this:

TOTAL TOTAL TOTAL
Credit Balance Credit
Limit Due Due
44,097 5,896.75 135.50

The SELECT statement created by RTVQMQRY was this:

SELECT
ALL SUM(CDTLMT), SUM(BALDUE), SUM(CDTDUE)
FROM QIWS/QCUSTCDT

You would add substitution variables to a WHERE clause here.

HTH
Vern