Hi.

I've been directed to look at moving some applications off our IBM i (i5 @V5R4) as an alternative to upgrading. One company I'm to look at is named California Software but is also known as Infinite Corporation. Their website rang a bell when I saw BABY36 and BABY i there. They, essentially, convert displays from DDS to GUI format and have their own language compilers. Everything that is converted runs on Windows or Linux so DB2 is also translated to SQL Server or Oracle.

I haven't heard much about them over the years - pro or con. Anyone have any comments on their products - pro or con? Contact me privately if you wish.

Thanks,

Gary Monnier