resolved
Found a web posting from 2010 that suggested add user defined option
*IBMNOMNT.
Ran in couple seconds.
Jim

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:56 AM, Jim Franz <franz9000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have 1099 spooled file - 15,000 pages and need to reprint a single page
(like 3,500)

Have changed printer's timeout to max (90 seconds - Ricoh Aficio)
Have given spool pool 4 times the normal memory (over 3 gig)
System not slow, but it's taking many minutes to crawl up to page 3500)
and then writer ends
with CPF3395 that spool is being held by writer, and then writer ends
abnormal with CPF3397

All the IBM docs point to a 5250 defined printer (it's not) or a lpd
printer (it's not).
Using *LAN definition and *IBMSNMPDRV with user option *IBMSHRCNN
model *RICOHMP5000

Anything I can do to either speed up the crawl through the large spool
(it's a software package & not an option to create smaller multiple
spools), ?

I've been through the various IBM docs and recommends - looking for
someone who has addressed THIS issue.

V7R1

*NONE Request 02/11/15 11:37:17.364902
QWTSCSBJ *N QCMD QSYS 0195
From user . . . . . . . . . :
FRANZPWR
Message . . . . : -CALL
QSYS/QSPWTRM1
CPD337C Diagnostic 40 02/11/15 11:49:38.876367
QWPSNMPD QSYS *STMT QWPSNMPD QSYS *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . :
WPSNMPD
From procedure . . . . . . :
Socket_Send
Statement . . . . . . . . . :
45
To module . . . . . . . . . :
WPSNMPD
To procedure . . . . . . . :
_C_pep
Statement . . . . . . . . . :
*N
Message . . . . : The session with
device LPT029 ended abnormally.
Cause . . . . . : The session with
the device at RMTLOCNAME 192.168.127.247
ended abnormally. Recovery . . .
: Check for problems in the network or
at the remote device. Start the
printer writer again. If the problem