From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2015 7:45 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: How to check the duration of a backup list in BRMS in an easy way

Well, I looked at this the old fashioned way. I opened up two sessions.
On one I was in DSPLOGBRM. On the other I did a WRKUSRJOB ROB *ACTIVE.
Then I displayed the first job and looked at the open files. Had to hit the function key to see the I/O details. There's one file open in QBRM, but it's a display file so that's out. Hey, there's two files open in QUSRBRM and they are logical files. I bet they have some potential.
Well, maybe.
Both files are logicals. That being true, the 'meat' of the data is in the first field. This happens to be a 32k field of totally unformatted data with imbedded packed data and whatnot. It's almost as if the main programs processing that are RPG programs which handle the data internally via multiformat file logic. There are some columns at the end which may be applicable for record format id.
Now let's look at the call stack in DSPLOGBRM. First there's an ILE version of a CL program, Q1ACLG. Then there's an ILE version of an RPG program, Q1ARLG
Program . . . . . . . : Q1ARLG Library . . . . . . . : QBRM
Program attribute . . : RPGLE
Detail . . . . . . . . : *MODULE
Creation Optimization Debug
Module Library Attribute Date Level Data
Q1ARLG PTFBLD3 RPGLE 04/29/14 *BASIC *NO

Yep, you're going to play hell querying that data.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755