From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
PaulMmn
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2015 7:17 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Auditor's questions Was: Active subsystems

At one of my jobs we were a COBOL shop. We had a warehouse file that
had 13 sets of variables for our 13+ warehouses. And all of the
programs had 13 sets of calculations, because the head of IT (whose
title should have been "Son-In-Law to the President) didn't
understand how arrays worked. I did, and had re-coded a nasty
program using arrays. One of the other programmers mentioned that
the Head didn't like arrays, but I ignored the warning. Nothing
happened, and the program ran a lot better!

I'd never been told officially, so I just followed the rule that "If
it's not forbidden it's permitted."

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

.