Here is my experience, fwiw.
1-I believe the license is to the user. You can use it as many places as you like but obviously you can be in only one place at a time.
2-The transition from SEU to RDi was, for me, gradual. One day it dawned that I had not used an SEU session for over a year.
3-RDi allows you two ways to work on your projects. One is to connect directly to the libraries on the i and make changes there directly. The other, which I prefer, is to have the source copied into my PC so I can work off-line, and then connect when I want to compile. Both work well. I have also worked on a team where the project was shared and used SVN. That worked fine, too, although it took me some getting used to it.
4-RDi is really great if you want to connect to more than one system.

all fwiw.