Somewhat correct....

However, when a client is done and properly closes the connection, the
QZDASOINIT job will go back to program start request wait (PSRW) status.

Jobs with this status don't normally show up in WRKACTJOB, you have to
F14-Include to see them.

I've seen this issue occur when there's some problem in the client.
Specifically, the client is using connection pooling and while the app
"closes" the connection and returns it to the pool. The connection is
actually kept open by design. The problem is that the connection never
gets passed back out and instead a new connection gets started.

You can use
DSPACTPJ SBS(QUSRWRK) PGM(QZDASOINIT)

and
DSPSBSD, option 10 - Prestart jobs, option 5 on QZDASOINIT
Initial number of jobs . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 1
Additional number of jobs . . . . . . . . . . . : 2
Maximum number of jobs . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *NOMAX
Maximum number of uses . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 200