If you are looking to dynamically sort data from a subfile, you can go to
www.think400.dk/downloads.htm and look for a utility called XVSRTQ.

This API allows you to build keys and sort data dynamically. It uses QSORT
to do the actual sorting. Basically a wrapper around an array that gets
sorted. The good thing about the utility is that it knows how to store data
correctly for sorting. Everything is handled by the API. Plus its free.
That best price of all.