On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Graap, Kenneth <
Kenneth.Graap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1.Purchase a cluster-enabled software application
Software products that are cluster-enabled meet certain high-availability
requirements.

2.Write or change your own application to make it highly available
Independent software vendors and application programmers can customize
applications to allow them to be switchable in a >System i(r) clustered
environment.

Charles, I believe the "key" to this whole thing is, a "cluster-enabled
application".

This isn't an easy thing to do, especially if you have to retrofit an
existing TN5250 application...

​I don't disagree...but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. Well doing so
and keeping it 5250 might be​

​ :) Though I have to wonder if the web based 5250 emulator could do it.

I'd just be real hesitant to tell my CIO (if I had one) that the technology
doesn't exist for the platform vs. telling him our home-grown application
was too old to include the tech and would have to be rewritten to take
advantage of it.

This thread ...