On 11-Dec-2014 15:26 -0600, paultherrien wrote:
On December 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM Charles Wilt wrote:
On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 4:07 PM, paultherrien wrote:
Has anyone ever encountered running the SAVSYS command and
entering the starting time instead of ‘*CURRENT’ and have the
SAVSYS kick off immediately?

We are on V7R1 and occasionally when we run the GO SAVE option 21
the save starts running immediately even though we have keyed in
the time as 230000.

I've been running it weekly since 1996...I've never seen that
happen.

I'd bet lunch somebody just thinks they changed it to 23:00.

Assuming you usually delay the save till 23:00:00, consider using
GO SAVE option 20 - Define save system and user data defaults to
define the default time as 23:00:00 instead of *CURRENT.

Then you don't have to change it when running option 21, just
press Enter.

I feel the same way you do, but this has happened more than once and
my client actually send me a screen shot from his camera of the
SAVSYS command with 230000 in the start time field.
And also the 'Prompt For Commands' and 'Check Active files' parms
are set to 'Y' when normally they would be 'N'.
I like the option 20 option and will look into this when then system
comes back up.

In an old version [v5r3] of QMNSRBND, the program which IIRC processes the GO SAVE option-21, I saw effectively the following code, for which the Delay Job (DLYJOB) with Resume Time (RSMTIME) appears not to be invoked unless apparently the Prompt For Commands had been N=No; according to that logic, the described effect would seem expected, as-coded:

DLYJOB:
IF COND(&STIME *NE '*CURRENT') THEN(DO)
IF COND(&PROMPT *EQ 'N') THEN(DO)
QSYS/RTVSYSVAL SYSVAL(QTIME) RTNVAR(&CTIME)
QSYS/RTVJOBA TIMSEP(&TIMSEP)
QSYS/CHGVAR VAR(&MSGDTA) VALUE( +
&STIME *CAT (%SST(&CTIME 1 2)) +
*CAT &TIMSEP *CAT (%SST(&CTIME 3 2)) +
*CAT &TIMSEP *CAT (%SST(&CTIME 5 2)))
QSYS/SNDPGMMSG MSGID(CPI3716) MSGF(QCPFMSG) +
MSGDTA(&MSGDTA) TOPGMQ(*EXT) MSGTYPE(*STATUS)
QSYS/DLYJOB RSMTIME(&STIME)
ENDDO
ENDDO