Hey Rob,

Thanks for the reply, how are you reaching that conclusion? IBM told me that the instructions are "probably" based off of old documents so a 21 restore should work but the OS hasn't fundamentally changed so I'm a little perplexed.

------------------------------

message: 3
date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:28:53 -0500
from: rob@xxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: Why isn't go restore opt 21 used with previous-to-current
release?

As far as ALWOBJDIF, well, I don't think many people do a previous to current release restore on the same box, so it's probably needed.

And if you read the help, option 21 does a RSTLIB *NONSYS. This includes *IBM and *ALLUSR. Do you really want to clobber your 7.2 version of the compiler with your 6.1 version?

That's a start. Busy week.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E