A possible alternative solution just struck me. Perhaps, after an abnormal
system outage and before users are allowed on the system, you could run a
program to examine the database(s) where this sequential number is stored,
determine the highest value, and then update your *USRSPC values
appropriately. A little code, but you would not have to change your
existing code...

Bruce

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Bruce Vining <bvining@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>