On 12/3/2014 2:03 PM, D*B wrote:
As a conclusion of this the switch from old fashioned RPG to more modern
dialects of RPG, the resulting applications will have a bigger footprint
than before, but might as well be faster and programmer performance will
increase.

Peace!

I agree with you Dieter. 30+ years ago, I used to spend hours
re-arranging overlays so that my compiled RPG program would fit within a
small memory footprint AND be efficient [1]. Today, who imagines such a
thing is necessary?

Today, we programmers understand that programmer productivity is very
important, and so we adopt habits; patterns and best practices which
help programmers be more efficient.

Now we need to teach this lesson to our managers.

This thread ...