Hi,

We have a client who has run into a problem that has us stumped.

A program generates RPGLE source and compiles the source into a program (using CRTBNDRPG).
The compile is failing with message ID RNS9328, 'The INFOSTMF parameter must be specified when PGMINFO is not *NO.'
However, the PGMINFO parameter _is_ *NO and the INFOSTMF parameter is blank. The source is being compiled from a *SRC source file member, NOT a stream file.

Stranger still is that the source member can be successfully compiled into a module (using CRTRPGMOD) and then the program object can be created using the CRTPGM command.

At first I thought maybe they customized the CRTBNDRPG command, but quickly realized we have been compiling other source for this client without a problem.

The source file is a *SRC file type with a record length of 120. This client is on v6r1 of the OS.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Thomas Garvey

This thread ...