I agree with the need to show only hex values (in character form) from a
BLOB, but I'm a bit confused by STRSQL not allowing any access to LOBs of
various types. If I have a CLOB column XYZ in table MyTable then STRSQL and

Select cast(XYZ as varchar(32000)) from MyTable

seems to work for me. I'm most likely mis-understanding your post.

Bruce Vining

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Birgitta Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>