Folks:

Has anyone experienced a problem with SSH on 7.1 reporting a user as unknown, even though the user absolutely exists?

I can sign on to the system via green screen without a problem.

When I try to connect via SSH, it rejects the attempt.

I ran sshd in debug mode and got the following output:

debug1: userauth-request for user MYUSERID service ssh-connection method none
debug1: attempt 0 failures 0
Invalid user from 10.199.19.213
debug1: audit event euid 112 user (unknown user) event 9 (SSH_invldusr)
input_userauth_request: invalid user MYUSERID
debug1: audit event euid 112 user (invalid user) event 9 (SSH_invldusr)
Failed none for UNKNOWN_USER from 10.199.19.213 port 62784 ssh2

The user profile I'm using _is_ a *SECOFR profile ... but the sshd_config says that root login is allowed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

david