Conventions such as DST refer to local time. The shifting of local time for
starting and ending of DST is immediate. Clock adjustments in terms of
speeding up or slowing down the clock refer to the tracking of internal UTC
time within the system. Local time is then calculated as a delta from the
UTC time.

If you "fall back" an hour then local time repeats (though UTC time does
not).