Read the thread...that has been tried. :)

No effect.

Charles

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 3:36 PM, Raul A. Jager W. <raul@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Try to put parentesis around the firsrt 2 tables, and join them to the
third.

Scott Mildenberger wrote:

Using Google I came across a link that implied you cannot use USING over
3 tables like you are trying to do in MySQL either. It had something to do
with USING being expanded into a version using ON thus resulting in the
same error you received.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Charles Wilt
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 12:35 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: SQL0203 - Name xxxx is ambiguous, when using JOIN USING

Obviously, for my immediate needs, I switched to what would work.

But from what I read, USING should work. In fact, if it doesn't work
like this it's pretty much worthless. I could have sworn that I've done
this in the past, but perhaps not...

I much prefer the USING syntax, especially when dealing with composite
keys. I just don't often get to use it since my legacy tables have a
prefix on the column name.

I've opened a PMR and we'll see what IBM says.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 1:35 PM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>