It looks like going back to the old days of VB fat clients, but in this
case you get data from different sources depending on the situation. Wrt
application/code/data management and maintenance, IMO it's not a good idea.
Better to put most of the code on the server (which itself may retrieve
data from all kinds of sources) and keep the JavaScript client as "thin" as
possible. But as already has been said, we are not the audience. The
article says (i didn't read it completely so i may be wrong) that you don't
really need a central server, but instead you may have just the (fat)
client and no central server. And the data it needs is from different
services / servers. Well duh. And yet another acronym is born.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 2:24 AM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>