Wow Chris, I am *just* kicking the tires on a couple of Voice XML apps because of the same issues (except our IVR runs on NT....)

Still trying to get my head around the whole stack needed to get things going. There are a couple of design tools that are free: openVXML and WebSphere Voice Toolkit from IBM (plugin for Eclipse) and building the call flow in both tools is pretty easy but right now I am trying to sort out the vxml server and the voice server (which *seem* to be two separate server components). I'll let you know what I come up with. IBM has a WebSphere Voice server that can use the Voice XML files but it runs on AIX....I am hoping to sort it all out this weekend and see if I can get a working prototype going with I/O off of my i and using a SIP gateway to interact with the phone system. Lots of moving parts here and trying to figure out what goes with what......

Pete Helgren
www.petesworkshop.com
GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java