Gary - glad to hear you're getting good info - good luck on your project!

Vern

On 9/10/2014 6:26 PM, Gary Thompson wrote:
Thanks Chuck, and Thanks Vernon
Scott redirected me and rather than 'catching' the error I'll be checking for a
usable connection and, if that fails, the put will be 're-scheduled'.

're-scheduled' requires design/code changes to mark a 'customer delivery'
as requiring an asn, and adding a field to indicate datetime of 'availability' for
the next put attempt.

In addition, 'customer deliveries' created after discovery of connection
failure will maybe 'inherit' the datetime to avoid a 'traffic jam'. This seems
reasonable because we've seen connections problems last for 20-90 minutes.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:50 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FTP Try again later messge

On 10-Sep-2014 15:02 -0500, Gary Thompson wrote:
Just installed FTPAPI with hopes to catch msg from FTP host:
'Cannot connect to host &1 at address &2. Try again later.'
Goal is to re-schedule the transfer for a later time.
All comments welcome by this FTP novice

I seem to recall that the FTPAPI has its own /forum/ [outside midrange.com] for discussing that software.? Or is the question not about how FTPAPI catches that error msg TCP10B0, but how one might go about rescheduling a future invocation of the failed request?

--
Regards, Chuck