One thing you can do for tables, data areas and data queues in QTEMP is to journal them once you've created them.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:02 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Viewing files in qtemp while in batch

On 09-Sep-2014 16:15 -0500, RPGLIST wrote:
I'm running a program in batch and debugging it with a service entry
point, is there a way to see those files in QTEMP and the respective
records? I can't seem to see them.

Because one design intention of the QTEMP [temporary] library concept is that another job can *not* /access/ what is in another job's QTEMP, the likely best option is to consider in the design of the batch application, the potential need for whomever doing debug to /see/ the data in the objects in QTEMP. Resolving such concerns might be able to be more generally handled instead, with a subsystem routing program.

In the former case, the submission for a test\debug may need to be done in a specific manner to ensure either that QTEMP is not used or that an event monitor is established in the batch job [or some other IPC method is established] that enables the debug requester to ask the job to reveal the contents of the objects in QTEMP; e.g. STRBCHAPP
TMPLIB(MYTSTLIB) might be the command to start the batch application whereby the default value for the TMPLIB() parameter is QTEMP.

In the latter case, the test submission must be controlled such that the batch job(s) for the application under test are properly routed; i.e. the routing data could be hard-coded or configurable, to force the batch job(s) of the application, through the routing program that establishes the IPC method(s) that will enable the debug requester to ask that the job reveal the contents of the QTEMP library.

See also the following two messages authored by Bruce Vining; they should elucidate an earlier response from Vern, though possibly no more than the information\link provided by Carsten:

<http://archive.midrange.com/mi400/200602/msg00037.html>

<http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/itanswers/trace-job-trcjob/>
"... exit point called QIBM_QWC_JOBITPPGM and the Call Job Interrupt Program (QWCJBITP) API. ... sample program demonstrating this capability in my <http://www.brucevining.com/Presentations/PPT_Presentations/Whats_new_in_system_APIs.pdf>
_What's New in System APIs_ presentation. ..."

--
Regards, Chuck