Note that the OPENQUERY function is the key to doing just about anything
quickly...as that passes through the SQL statement to the IBM.

You can do
insert openquery(...)
delete openquery(...)
update openquery(...)

Charles

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:34 PM, Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The format matters...

From my notes:
Linked Server name in MS SQL Server: FALCONPROD
IBM iSeries system name: MYIBM
Library: HLTHPRDFILE
Table: LOCATP

-- Pull all rows from the table(s) back and does the where locally
select * from FALCONPROD.MYIBM.HLTHPRDFIL.LOCATP where locnbr = '00335';

-- Sends the statement to linked server for processing
select * from openquery(FALCONPROD, 'select * from customp where locnbr =
''00335''');

HTH,
Charles

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Darryl Freinkel <