Same here...

Well, at least since I learned about it :)

Charles

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Mike Cunningham <mike.cunningham@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

We never have to recompile an RPG program because we added a field to a
file. All RPG's access files via logicals and no logical is allowed to
contain all fields by no listing any fields.

Mike C

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Matt Olson
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 4:29 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Dependency hell with cURL and libiconv.a

Recompile is the name of the game in unix and IBM i land.

Change a file (like add a field) and your RPG program broke? Recompile.

What your experiencing is DLL hell, but with a unix flare. They actually
called it dependency hell on the unix side of things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dependency_hell