From: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 6:46 PM
Subject: Re: Client Access and Personal Communications on one PC?

I thought PCOMM had all the stuff you need - is there an option there
for a LAN console? I know there is one for the direct-connect console.

On 8/22/2014 4:36 AM, Rene K. wrote:
Hi guys,

In my quest to control both my AS/400 / iSeries machines, I'm now in the situation where I need Client Access for one, PComm for the other machine.

Thing is, I need to control a LAN console for the iSeries, and a Twinax 5250 PCI adapter for the AS/400. Apparently CA V5R4 or PComm 5.6 can't run both solutions by itself, so I need both tools.

I've already been toying around with a VM with Windows, CA, and PComm, and apparently one machine can either run CA -OR- PComm, but not both.......or can it?
Does someone know if there is a way to install them both on one machine? I can always get another cheap PC and run PComm on it, but under my already stuffed desk I'd prefer to run both tools on the one PC I already have.

Regards,

Rene.