Jeff,

Unless I'm misreading it, it says "IBM i Telnet *CLIENT*". Emphasis on the word "client" :-)

That would be the TELNET/STRTCPTELN command on IBM i.

-SK

On 8/21/2014 10:26 AM, Jeff Crosby wrote:
I'm doing a bit of investigating on certificates for something I want
to do after vacation. Went into the *SYSTEM store and the Local CA.

OK, now I've got myself in somewhat of a panic. The certificate I saw
said it expired 6/18/2012, so I thought nothing could be using it. So
I renewed the certificate (Default I think) and when I do the Work
With Client Applications I see this:

Work with Client Applications

Application type: Client

You can add an application or select an application to work with from
the list.

Applications registered to use certificates:

Application Certificate Assigned

IBM Directory Server publishing None assigned
IBM Directory Server client None assigned
Enterprise Identity Mapping (EIM) None assigned
IBM i TCP/IP FTP Client None assigned
IBM i TCP/IP SMTP Client None assigned
IBM i TCP/IP Telnet Client Default
i5/OS DDM/DRDA Client - TCP/IP None assigned

Does that mean Telnet (Mochasoft or Client Access PC5250 sessions) are
using this and I have just shot myself in the foot? I looked at one
of my PC5250 sessions and under Communications/configure/properties it
has the "Default" box checked under "Client certificate to use" but
the whole area is grayed out. If it was expired, how could Telnet be
using it?

Sorry to be so ignorant on this, but I have never understood
certificates.