On 09-Aug-2014 11:49 -0500, DeLong, Eric wrote:
Going from memory, but I think there's an SQL stored proc (maybe a
udtf?) in qsys2 named tcpip_info or something like...

I think a select * from qsys2/tcpip_info gets you a row of
connection details.

The above SELECT is a correct syntax; correct, because the name TCPIP_INFO identifies a VIEW rather than a SQL routine, neither as a UDF nor as a Stored Procedure.

<https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home?lang=en#!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/QSYS2.TCPIP_INFO%20view>
IBM i Technology Updates ->‎ IBM i Technology Updates ->‎ DB2 for i - Technology Updates ->‎ DB2 for i - Services ->‎ QSYS2.TCPIP_INFO view
_QSYS2.TCPIP_INFO view_
" The TCPIP_INFO view contains TCP/IP information for the current host connection.

Note: this support does not cover when TELNET is used to form the connection

The following table describes the columns in the view. The schema is QSYS2

Table 1. TCPIP_INFO view
..."

FWiW:

Had the object name been a User Defined (Table) Function (UDTF), then the table-reference in the FROM clause might be specified in the SELECT as such:
SELECT T1.* FROM TABLE( QSYS2.TCPIP_INFO() ) AS T1

Had the object name been a Procedure [routine; e.g. producing a result set] then the invocation would not be a SELECT, but a CALL:
CALL QSYS2.TCPIP_INFO()