On 01-Aug-2014 09:23 -0500, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:

I just did something similar with CHGLIBL, ADDLIBLE, EDTLIBL.
I used CHGOBJAUD to turn on auditing for these commands.

And RMVLIBLE, probably also CHGSYSLIBL; i.e. all commands that appear on GO CMDLIBL.

For reference only: the thread <http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201407/threads.html#00384> "Scaning field JSLIBL from QAUDJRN outfile QASYJSJ5"; /scanning/ of course, originally about trying to find the /used/ libraries in T-JS audit entries. In a post in that thread <http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/201407/msg00614.html> I had mentioned command-string audit log entries; though I had referred to them incorrectly as T-CS rather than T-CD audit log entries.

However, note that a T-CD audit entry is of no use for the Edit Library List (EDTLIBL) command. That command is implemented as an interactive utility; the library name specifications do not appear on the command-string, so the effects are not visible in a T-CD.

What is different by using:
QIBM_QCA_CHG_COMMAND
QIBM_QCA_RTV_COMMAND

For example...

The QIBM_QCA_RTV_COMMAND exit point can utilize both a /before/ and an /after/ exit-program to enable obtaining a snapshot of the current user portion of the library list and thus to determine the difference. That could be useful for a command like EDTLIBL, for which the command-string in a T-CD will be of no assistance to log what library names were /used/ by the [invocation of] that command.

The QIBM_QCA_CHG_COMMAND exit point can utilize the Replace Command Exit Program (QCARPLCM) API to direct the use of one command to another. By redirecting the EDTLIBL command request to a command CPP that first performs obtaining a snapshot of the current UsrLibl, then issues an alternate version of the actual EDTLIBL feature [that is not intercepted by the exit] thus allowing the user to effect their *LIBL changes [while not having to design one's own Edit LibL feature], and then obtains a new snapshot of the UsrLib, could finally with the obtained snapshots determine and log the changes to the library list.

Note: In either use of command-string auditing or use of intercepting the commands with registered exit points, if there exists any other interface(s) [e.g. an API] to do the same work as the command, then dependence solely on only the command interface for tracking [the effects of those commands] is going to be insufficient for tracking the effects more generally. For an example of what might be an unlikely case but subtle enough to be missed, even while still possibly worth tracking, the /command/ interface itself allows for adjusting the user portion of the library list; both the Production library (PRDLIB) and the Current Library (CURLIB) [see Create Command (CRTCMD)] may be modified. Already known\discussed was the data in T-JS entries, beyond the additionally tracked T-CD entries. Similarly for any other method that allows a Job Queue Entry to be change, for which the Change Job Queue Entry (CHGJOBQE) is not the means to implement, logging the T-CD for CHGJOBQE requests would not suffice; not to imply there is any other available, esp. one that is of consequence for a desired level of tracking.