Nope, just a mismatch in terminology....

DDS and it's corresponding interfaces such as DSPFFD defined numeric fields
in terms of digits.

When binary numerics where added, they had a problem. While you can stick
2 147 483 647
into an integer field you can't stick
9 999 999 999

Like you could with a 10 digit packed or zoned field. So they called it
9b0 since
999 999 999
would fit.

RPG added support of 9b0 fields, but even though the DB would support 2 147
463 647, RPG's binary fields would not.

So in ROG IV, you got 10i0 for true integer support. But the non-SQL
interfaces into the DB report 9b0 even though it is a true integer field.

Charles