when you do a wrkobjlck on a *file, be sure to use
the MBR(*ALL) keyword...

On 7/17/2014 8:39 AM, Hoteltravelfundotcom wrote:
according to the message i see now that there is a logical on the PF in
question, in fact there are 15 people with locks on this! thank you kindly
for your help.

OS is 5770SS1 V7R1M0 5050 IBM i
Release of base option . . . . . . . : V7R1M0 L00
TL13037 Temporarily applied
TL12279 Superseded
CPF3203 Diagnostic 40 07/17/14 08:44:24.029714 QDBTRIG2
QSYS *STMT QDBTRIGG QSYS
From module . . . . . . . . :
QDBTRIG2
From procedure . . . . . . :
QDBGEN_SEND_PGM_MSG
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 1604

Message . . . . : Cannot allocate
object for file TRNSTATPF in ASTCCDTA.
Cause . . . . . : The requested
operation was not performed for member *N
file TRNSTATPF in library ISTDTA,
because member *N file TRNSTAT1 in
library ISTDTA type *FILE was not
available. Recovery . . . : Ensure
the object is not locked in another
process or in another thread within this
process. Also, ensure the object, or
a logical file based on the object, is
not open in this process. Try the
request again when the object is