On 11-Jul-2014 18:45 -0500, Luis Rodriguez wrote:
On Jul 11, 2014 5:30 PM, "Vernon Hamberg" wrote:
On 7/11/2014 2:39 PM, Nick Arndt wrote:

I do need a list of everyone in every authority list we have.
The CL program seems to be the way to go.

if you are in PDM and put a 5 on an AUTL, what do you get? If it's
the profiles, then there might be a print option - put the print
option on the command line along with 5 option on all of them

I am still not sure what the OP meant by "going to each one manually", but having used OUTPUT(*PRINT) for the DSPAUTL will create a separate QPOBJAUT spool file for each *AUTL. As such, "each one" of the *AUTL objects will then have a corresponding "each one" of the spool files *SPLF entries... at least not without some other finagling, such as with overrides and open scope and\or sharing of the printer file QPOBJAUT. I guess I am just unsure if "going to each one manually" would be any better when "one" refers to a *SPLF than when "one" refers to an *AUTL.?

Good idea. Also you could define a PDM option with &L and &N for
library name and file name and the *OUTFILE option and replicate it
thru the list.

Per the restrictiveness of the *AUTL [limited to the Machine Context (QSYS library) and are unlikely to be temporal or in-use] along with the ease of effecting actions from a list menu, I feel a bit remiss having failed to mention in my prior reply, a menu Work With list-interface over use of a CLP. FWiW that restrictiveness probably precludes any value for use of the replacement variable &L in a User-Defined Option.

For those same reasons however, there is little reason to define a User Defined Option in PDM per the 5=Display is already defined as a system-supplied Option for DSPAUTL. As Vern alludes, the command-line provided on the menu Work With list-interface [in PDM and quite generally] allows for the additional parameters of commands to be specified there; i.e. those parameters that are not already specified\coded by the menu option. If the F4=Prompt were used, then Enter would have to be pressed minimally for each Display command prompted separately. But having pressed Enter directly after both the [5=Display] option has been placed on each entry and the additional parameter specifications coded on the command line, all of the commands can execute consecutively without further interruption given processing does not require interaction, such as is required with output to display, or if errors occur for which a CLP would be better; a CLP can be programmed to respond to errors, and especially easier if error conditions are probable, but typical conditions that might occur for other objects\types are much less likely for the *AUTL.

Thus after issuing WRKOBJPDM QSYS *ALL *AUTL OBJATR(*ALL) the list of all [authorized] Authorization List objects (*AUTL) are presented. Then the option 5 can be entered for the first object listed, next the F13=Repeat could be pressed to repeat the option 5=Display specification across all entries in the list [i.e. repeated for every *AUTL object], next the following\below line of text [prefixed with '===>'] as parameter specifications can be entered on the command-line [on the "Parameters or command" entry area], and finally Enter pressed to execute the Display Authorization List (DSPAUTL) against each object in this list whilst overriding the default parameter specifications of each command invocation to cause the output to be placed in an output file instead of each request presented by default to the display:

===> output(*outfile) outfile(qtemp/autlusers) outmbr(*first *add)

caveat: given *ADD is coded, the first DSPAUTL request must effect creation of the named Output File, or the named file.member should be cleared prior to this activity, using the Clear Physical File Member (CLRPFM) request; e.g. CLRPFM QTEMP/AUTLUSERS MBR(*FIRST)

Note: The same could be done with the Work With Authorization Lists (WRKAUTL) command, with the invocation WRKAUTL AUTL(*ALL) used instead of the Work With Objects Using PDM (WRKOBJPDM). However if there are several pages of objects in the list, for lack of a F13=Repeat function key on the WRKAUTL menu, the PDM feature shines in ease, by comparison.