Thanks Chuck,
I had been hesitant to change the CCSID on the source files;
but I went ahead and jumped in, and appears to be fine.

On 7/11/2014 8:16 AM, CRPence wrote:
On 10-Jul-2014 16:30 -0500, Gqcy wrote:

if you are using Client Access for windows, there is a file transfer
button on the tool bar. open it, and place the LIBRARY/FILE(MEMBER)
name in the IBMi File name window. in the PC File name window, put
in something like c:\MEMBER.txt

Instead of transferring the file explicitly, the client can simply
access the source file as a stream file using the non-database access
methods. Having mapped the root or the /QSYS.LIB, the client will by
default [methods providing access to the data], /see/ the [member of]
the Source Physical File as merely the text data as if a stream; in the
above example, the client would access the source file member [data] as
an effective client ".txt" stream [file] from a mapped drive M via:

M:\QSYS.LIB\LIBRARY.LIB\FILE.FILE\MEMBER.MBR

That same default access method is how the File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
would /see/ the data. The client could explicitly transfer just the
[source] data [excluding the sequence and date columns] from the PF-SRC
on the server, without any need for the CA xfer feature being installed,
using the FTP GET subcommand; i.e. the client would need an FTP
client-feature instead.

be sure to click on the properties icon, and have Convert CCSID
65535 checked...

Better *not* to ever use that feature. Rather than override the proper
behavior of the server by using that feature, just /correct/ the CCSID
of the Source Physical File on the server; first, ensuring the data
reflects the chosen as the /correct/ CCSID, then:

CHGPF The_Lib/The_PF_SRC CCSID(correct_CCSID)