The other thing to consider about companies consolidating like this is the impact it has on the ecosystem of the platform.

Trade magazines thrive on ads. Each time two vendors combine, they purchase one ad, where they previously purchased two. I know that was a big reason that iPro Developer had troubles.

Same with trade shows like COMMON, et al. One booth instead of two... it means less income.

Of course, just one vendor like RJS merging with another isn't a problem in itself... the problem is that this sort has been happening all over for a long time.

What we really need is for more new, independent, vendors to start popping up....