On 19-Jun-2014 12:58 -0500, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
IBM created test PTF SQPAH06. <<SNIP>>

FWiW: I am almost positive... That identifier must not be a TEST PTF; rather, that must be a TEST FIX. A distinction with a *big* difference.

• The former [upper-cased] term implies an intent that the PTF eventually would become a final\Generally-Available (GA) PTF that any\all customers might eventually apply; such a PTF can be permanently applied [accidentally, due to lack of necessary controls implemented on the system to prevent that effect], with the potential requirement of a reinstall of the OS [or LPP] to recover, if the specific code-level of that version of the PTF by that name\identifier will not become GA. A TEST PTF will use the same naming convention of the other PTFs for the feature; e.g. the OS or LPP.

• The latter term implies code was generated specifically to investigate\debug an issue, often to effect debug on a specific customer system, whereby that code-level and the /PTF/ that provided the code, will not be available to any other customer; a TestFix will never become GA, and the PTF apply-processing feature explicitly prevents accidental perm-apply.