This page http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1019527 has the recommended settings for that printer. If you didn't use those settings maybe try what is recommended and see if it works better.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 1:05 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Cannon printer configuration

We have a report that prints correctly on "standard" laser printers like HP 4250n, but is not handled correctly on our new Canon iR-ADV 5240.

The print file is: 68 lines per page, 198 columns, 8 LPI and 20 CPI, with Measurement Method: *ROWCOL

On an HP 4250n, this report prints in landscape and is easily readable.

On a Canon, the report wraps which makes the report difficult to read.

The Canon also does not select a font that would allow all columns to print, which seems to causes lines to "wrap" and also make reading difficult.

Any hints on how to define printer files and devices for Canon printers like this will be much appreciated.