I agree....we are totally guilty of that. Unfortunately our project timelines are so tight and many projects are back to back that we do not have the time to check it (yes, it's a sad excuse, but it's unfortunate reality).

/b;

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 10:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Running jobs on a separate core

7.1 has been GA for over 4 years now. Since 4/23/2010. Now, by dragging your feet in going to 7.1, you have taken going to Power 8 off the table.
Having personally worked on Power 8 equipment and the awesome, FREAKING AWESOME, performance benefits I am seeing on it, I really think any second you delay in getting to 7.1 (or beyond) is another bullet through your foot.
http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/i/planning/upgrade/suptschedule.html

What hardware are you running that you've not gone to 7.1?
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ssm1platformibmi

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E