Looks like 7.2 is still following that old 2030 RFC
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzakt/rzaktpdf.pdf
SNTP concepts
Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP) is used to keep device clocks
synchronized. By using timestamps
that are kept synchronized, SNTP can track processes and interactions
between systems.
IBM i SNTP is based on Request for Comments (RFC) 2030. You can view RFC
2030 by searching for the
number using the RFC index search engine located on the RFC editor Web
site.

Nothing to stop you from submitting a DCR to get this updated
https://www-912.ibm.com/r_dir/ReqDesChange.nsf/Request_for_Design_Change?OpenForm

If you can put a business case in there like "The company we use for
benevolent hacking has determined that this old code is prone to attack as
denoted in CVEsuchandsuch and CVEthisandthat" then do so. Listing CVE
numbers carry a huge amount of weight.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/sprotect/.../alps_cve_numbers.htm
http://cve.mitre.org/
CVE = Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures

Didn't actually see if the results below were significant or not:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ntp+2030+site%3Acve.mitre.org