I'm not sure at this point whether you got an answer. It appears that the thread wondered off-course.

If you're open to an SQL solution, just create an ALIAS for the member and read the alias instead:

1. CREATE ALIAS YourLib.YourAlias FOR YourLib.YourSRCPF (member_name)

2. SELECT * FROM YourLib.YourAlias

3. DROP ALIAS YourLib.YourAlias

For example, if you have a source member PRODLIB.QRPGLESRC.PROG001,

CREATE ALIAS PRODLIB.TempAlias FOR PRODLIB.QRPGLESRC (PROG001);
SELECT * FROM PRODLIB.TempAlias;
DROP ALIAS PRODLIB.TempAlias;

Of course, you could create the alias in QTEMP and then the DROP statement might not be necessary as QTEMP would be destroyed when the job ends.

HTH,
Robert

"Contrariwise, if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."--Tweedledee