Save them to a tape then delete them, unless of course there is no real
value from them. In that case just delete them.

At COMMON on of the members of this list took umbrage with my comments in my
BRMS session that you should not back up performance data as part of the
recovery level backups. The member asked Dawn May should back performance
data be backed up, and of course she gave the IBM reply, of course you do,
since you may need that data later.

I still stick by my comment that backing up the performance data as part of
the daily/weekly backups just takes time and tape and do not enhance your
recovery. If you wish to back up performance data, have one tape that you
use just for performance data and keep appending to that tape. It will
store several years of performance data. Performance data from just before
a system upgrade or software change (add/change/delete) should be kept for
comparison as a base line. Otherwise it's rare that we look at more than
the last 14 or may be 35 days of performance data. If you have sufficient
room keep 35 days so it goes over a month end boundary.

Also, unless you need them for other purposes don't create the performance
files, only create the graphical data. Either can be produced from the
management collection object any time. The graphical data is cool to have
around to show graphs if you're asked about performance, or there is a
problem you need to dig into.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect