From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2014 9:01 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: No Power7 to Power8 MES upgrade option, entitlements, cores, etc.

Larry,

I agree in a lot of ways. And your analogy is excellent. However, if IBM jacks up their prices on maintenance of old machines is it really because parts are that hard to get, or is it an artificial jack to show you how much money you can save by going to new machines? And all the third party follow like lemmings - take IBM's prices and discount them by x%.

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755