From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:41 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Discontinued support for certain software and hardware.

Of course should IBM even have a section in there pointing you to a
worthless website if they list it further down in the Memo to Users?
Like this:

Tape and optical device types that are not supported on IBM i 7.2 The
following tape and optical device types have either reached end of service,
were only supported on
POWER5 or require an IOP for attachment. They are not supported on IBM i
7.2.
v IBM 3995 Optical Library
v 3570 tape library - all drive types
v 3573 tape library with LVD LTO3 and HH LTO3 tape drives v 3575 tape
library - all drive types v 3576 tape library with LVD LTO3 drives v 3490
tape device and library - all models v 3580-001 HVD tape drive v 3580-002
HVD tape drive v 3580-002 LVD tape drive v 3580-003 LVD tape drive v 3581
tape library - all drive types v 3582 tape library - all drive types v 3583
tape library - all drive types v 3584 tape library with HVD LTO1 and LTO2
drives v 3584 tape library with LVD LTO2 drives v 3590 tape device and
library - all models v 5753 SLR60 tape drive v 5754 SLR100 tape drive v 5755
HH LTO2 LVD tape drive v 6120 VXA2 tape drive v 6258 DAT72 tape drive v 6279
VXA3 tape drive v 6382 SLR5 tape drive v 6383 MLR1S tape drive v 6384 SLR60
tape drive v 6386 MLR3 tape drive v 6387 SLR100 tape drive v 7207-122 SLR5
tape drive v 7207-330 SLR60 tape drive v 7208 8mm tape drive - all models v
9348 1/2 inch reel tape drive

IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM i 6.1 Group Dekko Dept 1600 Mail
to: 2505 Dekko Drive
Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E