In a first for me as I did not think it possible. I added two disks to a partition that had both 139s and 283s. The 139s are in ASP(2) and there are only 6 of those. The 283s are ASP(1) and the two RAID sets there are at the limit of 18 drives each.

After initializing the two drives (they are used) I selected 'Include in RAID protection' in SST. I didn't read the confirmation screen closely enough and let them add to RAID.

When I went to add them to the ASP I DID read that confirmation screen to confirm that I would be adding 566 GB but NO it was only 278! Upon further review of the RAID sets I saw that the 283GB drives were now part of a 139GB drive raid set and only that much of their capacity was in use.

Didn't know this was even possible....

5913 RAID cards on POWER7 with TR6 of IBM i 7.1...