Given the name, I assume that xbufspc_p is a pointer to some bit of
memory...

So you need to to not look at the value in xbufspc_p, but at the memory
it's pointing to..

Is there an xubfspc variable already you can refer to?

If not, this should work, but you'll need to size it suitably...
dcl-s mydata char(xxxx) based(xbufspc_p);

Unless the pointer is to a user space or otherwise to large for RPG.

In that case you could use memcpy to copy blocks from the pointer to your
own buffer.

Charles