From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 12:09 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Creating a WSDL for someone else's web service

Every web service "works" the same since they all use HTTP. You've got
a URL that you use HTTP POST/GET/PUT/DELETE...methods against.

SOAP is simply standardized way to publish/consume a WS that relies on
exchanging XML messages.

REST is a term used to define certain non-SOAP defined web services
that relies mainly on arguments passed on the URL.

You don't appear to have either. :) Instead, you've got a "home grown"
web service that appears to exchange XML. Those are fun.

What you need to find out is what HTTP method needs to be used to send
the XML you've been given. Likely, it's a POST. So you'd build your
XML and use the appropriate HTTP_POST_xxxx() method of Scott's HTTP
API.

Did you get anything more from the vendor about using the service? For
example, one vendor I'm working with gave an example that used cURL (a
common HTTP API like command line utility)

Another other is to open the WS URL in a browser and see what's there.

Charles

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Koester, Michael <mkoester@data-